The Midland Railway-Butterley has created a new and exciting opportunity for an Events and Marketing Manager to lead in the development of our events and their promotion, and therefore to increase visitor attendance and revenue.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate previous responsibility for successfully planning and delivering events, ideally in the tourist, heritage or charity sectors. They will be self-motivated and enjoy working as part of a team of both paid staff and volunteers.
As Events and Marketing Manager, your role will be challenging and varied, with no two days the same. You will deliver high standards of planning, organisation and delivery, and will be responsible for ensuring that exceptional standards of customer service and visitor enjoyment is delivered across the railway so our visitors keep coming back for more.
We currently have a varied programme of events throughout the year, mainly targeted towards family days out, but with others for railway enthusiasts. These include Railway Galas, Victorian Train weekends, other transport events, family events and Festive Trains. We also work in partnership to provide the venue for a pop festival “Indietracks”. There is great scope to enhance the product offer, not just with special events but also with standard operating days and other bespoke and group services, through effective marketing.
You will be expected to expand and improve the current events programme, contribute to the setting of event budgets and ensure that event expenditure is controlled within these plans, and market the Midland Railway-Butterley’s activities effectively. Ideally you will also become the Editor of the Midland Railway-Butterley’s website.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a small team based at Ripley, driving growth and change in one of Derbyshire’s well established visitor attractions. A can do attitude and positive outlook are essential for the role.
The primary responsibilities of this role are to:
- Provide event and marketing leadership, motivation and direction.
- Review the current offer and develop initiatives for new products or services.
- Research and analysis of market trends, demographics, pricing schedules, competitor products to inform marketing proposals.
- Establish cost-effective marketing plans as part of overall business planning process and deliver those plans.
- Oversee the creative development of promotional materials, website content, advertisements, and other marketing-related projects.
- Prepare and work within agreed budgets.
- Ensure that events are delivered to a high standard and meet visitor expectations.
- To communicate effectively with all persons and organisations involved in the delivery of events.
- To work within Company policies and procedures and to raise any issues that fall outside, or are contrary to, any of those policies or procedures with the General Manager.
- Report marketing and event outcomes to the General Manager and the Board.
This role is 37 ½ hours per week and flexibility will be essential with weekend/Bank Holiday working during events a requirement. The role is located at Ripley DE5 3QZ
A competitive salary is negotiable.
Please forward your curriculum vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline Monday 3rd September 2018. If you have not heard within 14 days of the closing date then your application will not have been successful on this occasion.