Photographs feature events from previous years.
Join us for a great day out for all of the family. This festival of transport will delight people of all ages.
- Enjoy the sights, sounds and smells of steam locomotives.
- Experience the way travel used to be – today’s train services feature both steam and diesel.
- Travel on the narrow gauge railway.
- View up to 80 motor cycles, motor cars, lorries and buses from yesteryear – “Ooh! Grandad had one of those!”
- Explore the museum complex at Swanwick Junction – there’s so much to see.
- Enjoy the miniature, model and garden railways.
The train services will feature the iconic express passenger locomotive 6233 “Duchess of Sutherland”, a typical industrial locomotive Austerity 68067, a heritage mainline diesel locomotive and a Class 108 Diesel Multiple Unit.
On the narrow gauge railway a variety of diesel locomotives will be hauling the historic Ashover Light Railway carriage No.4 and Ffestiniog carriage FR119. (Please note a separate charge is made on this railway.)
The arena of the Swanwick Junction museum complex will be filled with an array of visiting road vehicles, together with our resident collection, demonstrating the changes through time of a wide variety of road transport. There should be something to interest everyone, with vehicles from the 1920s to a more modern period.