Our VIP Tours start at Butterley Station mid-morning (actual time will be determined by the day’s timetable) and conclude mid-afternoon. The tour includes:
- A dedicated member of the Trust to act as your guide.
- A trip on the Standard Gauge Railway*.
- A trip on the Narrow Gauge Railway*.
- A tour of the museum complex, including visits to the demonstration signal box, the railwayman’s church, Matthew Kirtley Building and the West Shed Experience.
- An opportunity for a short ride on the footplate of the locomotive in use on the day*.
- All refreshments, including lunch.
- A certificate commemorating the day.
* These items are subject to availability and health and safety considerations
After a nostalgic train ride the tour takes in the main museum complex at Swanwick Junction. The tour aims to provide an insight into the heritage unique to the Midland Railway – Butterley and the stories behind that heritage.
Tours are available most weekends from April to September. The cost of the VIP Tour is £80 for one person, £100 for two, £120 for three or £140 for four (maximum of 4 participants). Open dated vouchers in a gift card are available.
Please contact us for available dates and download a booking form.