The DMU (Diesel Multiple Unit) Gala is an opportunity to ride on the DMU collection at the MR-B.
This years DMU Gala is Saturday 17th and Sunday 18th June.
Confirmed for the DMU Gala 2023 are;
- An intensive service using three of our line’s multiple units will take place.
- A half-hourly service will operate from Butterley station, starting at 1000 and with the last round trip leaving at 16:30.
- Operating units will include the sole-working Class 141 ‘Metro’ unit, which will appear alongside our Provincial-liveried Class 142011 as well as our BR-liveried Class 108(LO262), which is celebrating its 63nd birthday this year.
- Also on static show at Butterley will be the recently repainted power car from our classic Class 114 set.
- The unique Class 100, which is under long-term restoration.
- At Swanwick our second class 142013, which will soon lose its Northern colours, will be available to view in the yard.
- Our Class 127 suburban set will be in platform two at Butterley during the event.
- The Class 141113 and 142011 will operate in multiple for part of the event, bringing together a combination of liveries not seen since the 1980s.
DMU’s in operation over the gala – Class 108 (LO262) , 141113 & 142011
142013 will be on static display
Head over to our DMU page for more information on the collection we have:-
Get off the train at Swanwick Junction and explore the Complex, where you will be able to visit Deeleys Tearooms, Demonstration Signal Box, Victorian Railwayman’s Church and the Country Park. Other attractions may also be open.
Today’s Train Fares
|Ticket Type||With Gift Aid||Without Gift Aid|
|Child (aged 3-15)||£9.25||£8.50|
|Child (2 and under)||Free||Free|
|Family (2 adults and up to 3 children aged 3 – 15)||£45.25||£41.50|
Parking at Butterley Station is FREE.
About Gift Aid
Gift Aid is available to UK tax payers, enabling the Midland Railway Trust to reclaim 25% of the amount paid from the government. Gift Aid visitors will receive vouchers to spend in the shop and as a thank you for payment by this method. This represents excellent value for the visitor as well as benefiting the Midland Railway Trust.