Join us on 18th & 19th May as we celebrate the history of Thomas & Friends™ with a display that includes copy manuscripts for the first book to items used on the Television Series!
This year marks 74 years since The Reverend Wilbert Awdry published his first “The Railway Series” book in May 1945. “The Three Railway Engines” tells the adventures of Edward, Gordon, Henry and The Fat Controller. The following year saw the introduction of what was to become the most famous engine in the series and ultimately the world “Thomas The Tank Engine”. The rest as they say is History!
The exhibition will be located in St Saviour’s Railway Church and Johnsons Buffet, at Swanwick Junction Station and over the weekend the following will be on display:
- The original TV series models of Rocky The Crane and The Fat Controller.
- Photograph copy of Handwritten Manuscripts and notes for the very first book.
- Photograph copy original Drawings and Sketches for the first book.
- Hi resolution Artwork Prints from the original series of books.
- Selection of Merchandise from past to present.
- Other items used in the Live Action Series TV Series
- Fat Controller’s Suit
- Driver Perkins Original Costume
- Plus much more!
Thomas & Friends™ DVD’s and Posters will be available to buy as a souvenir of your day out.
The exhibition is open between 11am – 3.45pm. Entry to the exhibition is free of charge. Please see timetable for more details
©2019 Gullane(Thomas) Limited.
©2019 HIT Entertainment Limited.