LMS Class 3F 47327 (‘Jintys’)
This class (Class 3F) of locomotives are affectionately known as ‘Jintys’. 47327 (LMS 16410) was built in Glasgow in1926 by the North British Locomotive Company.
These locomotives were an LMS development of the MR 7200 class. 47327 was originally allocated to Motherwell (66B).
After being transferred to various other motive power depots, including Cricklewood (14A), Crewe South (loan), Willesden (1A), Carlisle Upperby (12B), Brunswick (27F), Derby (17A) and Walton (27E), she was withdrawn from service in 1966 and sold to Woodham Brothers in 1967.
Bought by the Midland Railway Trust in 1970 and put into service at Butterley. This locomotive is owned by Derby City Museums and Art Gallery and long term lease to the Midland Railway Trust.
Status: Awaiting overhaul
- Tractive effort: 20,830lbs
- Cylinders: 2 (inside – 18” x 26”stroke)
- Driving Wheels: 4ft 7ins.
- Boiler pressure: 160 psi
- Total weight: 49 tons 10cwt
- Number Built: 422
LMS 3F 0-6-0T 47357
47357 built in Glasgow in 1926 by the North British Locomotive Company. The 3F class was designed for shunting or light passenger/goods work and were found in every corner of the LMS network. 47357 was first allocated to Willesden (1A) then to Liverpool Edge Hill (8A) in 1950. Withdrawn in 1966 and sold to Woodham Bros. Purchased by the Midland Railway Trust in 1970 and moved to Derby for restoration work. This locomotive is owned by Derby City Museums and Art Gallery and long term lease to the Midland Railway Trust. After sterling service at the Midland Railway-Butterley she has been withdrawn for a major overhaul.
Status: Overhaul nearing completion
LMS 3F 0-6-0T 47445
47445 built in1927 by Hunslet Engine Company of Leeds. She was allocated to Crewe South (5B), Alsager (5E) and then back to Crewe South (5E) before being sold ‘out of service’ to Hargreaves (West Riding) Ltd. Finishing her working life at Crigglestone, near Wakefield, before being acquired for preservation in June 1970. 47445 is dismantled and is undergoing restoration in the heavy repair shed at Swanwick Junction. This locomotive is owned by Derby City Museums and Art Gallery and long term lease to the Midland Railway Trust.
The frames of this loco are currently away being overhauled by contractor, Riley & Sons.
Status: under restoration
LMS 3F 0-6-0T 47564
47564 (LMS 16647) was acquired by the Midland Railway Trust for spares. She was built in 1928 by the Hunslet Engine Company and was allocated to Devons Road (1D), Barrow (11A), Workington (11B) and Lostock Hall (24C). Withdrawn from service in 1965 and used as a stationary boiler for carriage heating in Manchester. Recovered from Red Bank Carriage Sidings near Manchester in 1972.
This locomotive is owned by Derby City Museums and Art Gallery and long term lease to the Midland Railway Trust.
Status: Non – operational (spares)Back To Steam Locomotives